What to do About Cracks in a Wall
Are you noticing cracks above door frames in your home? Do you see cracks or holes in the exterior brick work? For many homes, some of these cracks are considered regular “wear and tear.” What that means is, as the ground around a home gradually moves and settles, the results may produce cracks in walls and foundation. They are easy fixes, but obviously concerning. If you are starting to notice anything that just doesn’t look right with your walls, don’t hesitate to contact a repair company, like Solid Rock Foundation Repair. We are a local repair company ready to help. Contact us at 817-400-7625 to schedule an appointment for wall repairs in Burleson and Fort Worth, TX.
Wall Repair for Painting
If you are noticing a crack in your drywall or plaster, it may be a good time to contact a foundation repair company. It can be tricky trying to repair wall that is already finished and painted. That’s why it is so highly encouraged to rely on repair companies, like Solid Rock Foundation Repair. There are several, sometimes complicated, steps to repairing wall cracks. Inexperienced contractors can easily make mistakes, resulting in more damage. The professional Solid Rock Foundation Repair contractors are able to identify all problems and efficiently repair them. Contacting us is the best way to ensure an accurate Fort Worth, TX wall repair. We can provide efficient, professional results that you just can’t get from a box.
Wall Crack Repair Methods
While there are several DIY videos and instructional guides out there, the best bet for reliable wall repair and painting should be done by professional contractors. They will be able to efficiently and accurately repair cracks in drywall, plaster, concrete, and even exterior brick. There are several methods they might use to repair cracks in the different places.
- Fixing Drywall Cracks
- For a drywall crack, contractors will use a wall repair compound that they mix to fill in the crack. Before that, however, a small “v” shape will be cut along the crack. This isn’t counterintuitive. It’s done to help give the compound something to adhere to. The compound is applied and once it is dry, the area is sanded down, textured, and painted over.
- Filling Plaster Cracks
- Fixing plaster cracks is a little different. Contractors will first need to check and see if the plaster gives on or near the crack. If so, the plaster will need to be reattached. A simple patch job will not correct this. If the plaster does not give, a patch job can begin immediately. First the crack needs to be cleaned out. Then the wall repair compound is applied and overtop, a fiberglass mesh strip is placed overtop. The compound and mesh will be applied in several layers. Finally, everything can be sanded down and painted over.
- Repairing Cracks in Concrete
- Depending on the size of the initial crack, the first step to repair a concrete crack is actually, essentially, making the crack bigger. Doing so will provide more surface area for the repair compound to adhere to. Again, any debris will be cleaned from the crack and then a compound primer is first painted on. Next the repair compound is applied over the crack in multiple layers until effectively filled. Then everything is sanded down and painted over.
As you can see, there are a lot of steps that go into repairing cracks in your walls. Relying on companies like Solid Rock Foundation Repair is not only efficient, but a guaranteed quality. It’s the same when you hire professional painters for any kind of interior painting for arlington, TX. When you work with reliable companies, you can be sure of quality work.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does it cost to repair a wall?
- It does depend on how much needs to be repaired. Individual holes can cost between $25 and $75 for repairs, but larger areas can cost up to $225 or more.
- How do you repair painted walls?
- A contractor can fill the hole with filler. Once it is dry, they’ll sand it down until it is flush with the wall. Finally, they’ll paint over the area so it matches the rest of the wall.
- How long does wall filler take to dry?
- It can take anywhere from 45 minutes to 3 hours to dry, but it’s usually best to let it dry for a full 24 hours. Dry time all depends on how much filler was used and other outside factors.
- Do painters fix drywall?
- It will depend on the services they offer. Some painters can repair drywall but for the most part, they do not.
- How long does it take to hang drywall?
- Depending on how large the area is, hanging drywall can take less than an hour.
Contact Our Team for Reliable Wall Repair Services
Cracks of any size in your interior or exterior walls are concerning. Don’t ignore or neglect them because doing so can lead to serious problems. Instead, contact Solid Rock Foundation Repair today. We are a team of reliable and professional contractors that can efficiently complete wall repairs in Burleson and Fort Worth, TX and the surrounding areas. Call us at 817-400-7625 to learn more or to schedule an appointment.