Whether you have just moved to the area or you have owned a home in Dallas, TX for a while, one of the biggest concerns of being a homeowner is having to deal with foundation problems. The foundation of a home is an integral structure as it provides support for flooring and more. Due to its importance, your foundation needs to be in the best shape. So how common are foundation problems in the city of Dallas? There are a couple of problems that are common in regards to the foundation you find in the Dallas area, which includes our climate, soil compaction, inadequate drainage systems, and tree roots. Foundation problems can occur due to plumbing issues, which is why it’s important to have a plumbing company in Dallas, TX that you can trust to repair plumbing leaks that can cause foundational problems. If you think that you might have a problem with your foundation, there are signs of structural damage to your home that are caused by foundation issues.
What Are Signs of Structural Damage To a House?
When looking for structural damage to your home, there will be issues with the interior and exterior of your property.
- Your cabinets will swing open by themselves.
- Where your floor and door meet, there will be a divide between them.
- Nails popping out.
- Your walls will be bowing.
- Your floors will be really uneven.
- You will see cracks in your drywall.
- The doors and windows in your home will stick.
- Exterior bricks walls will have cracks.
- Your front porch will look like its pulling away from your house.
- Window frames and door frames will space in them.